Dear Key Family,
In light of the Florida Governor Executive Order on March 14th and CDC recommendations, The Key Training Center’s Adult Day Program facilities and Residential Group Homes/Apartments will have limited access to the broader community. Visitations will be limited except for approved circumstances. Effective March 16, 2020, all client and community volunteer programming was postponed until further notice, in addition to all outings and large group activities.
Our facilities are following the recommendations of the CDC on prevention steps, including following strict handwashing procedures and infection control procedures. All clients and staff are being screened before entering the day and residential facilities. We also are staying up-to-date with the CDC recommendations as they are updated. Also, we are getting updates from the local and state health department, as well as the Agency for Health Care Administration, and are following their guidance.
– Effective immediately, all visitations are prohibited in the ADT program and group homes until April 14, 2020, or notification otherwise. This measure is part of the State’s “social distancing” strategy. Approved exceptions include the following circumstances: family members, friends, and visiting residents in end-of-life situation; Hospice or palliative care workers caring for residents in end-of-life- situations; any individuals providing necessary health care to a resident, facility staff and residents, and representatives of the federal or state government seeking entry as part of their official duties, including, but not to, Agency for Health Care Administration and Agency for Persons with Disabilities.
– Please do not visit our ADT or Residential facilities if you have traveled internationally or on a cruise ship or have had within the last 48 hours any symptoms of respiratory illness, or if you have recently spent time with anyone exhibiting any of these symptoms. Those symptoms include cough, fever, sore throat, runny nose, and shortness of breath.
– No individuals will be allowed to enter if they meet any of the following screening criteria; any person infected with COVID-19 who has not had two consecutive negative test results separated by 24 hours; any person showing, presenting signs, or symptoms of, or disclosing the presence of a respiratory infection, including cough, fever, and shortness of breath or sore throat; any person who has been in contact with any person(s) known to be infected with COVID-19, who has not yet tested negative for COVID-19 within the past 14 days; any person who traveled through any airport within 14 days or who traveled on a cruise ship within 14 days.
– For all ADT clients and residents, we strongly discourage families from removing clients from their residences and ADT campuses at this time.
– If a residential parent and guardian choose to take their loved home for any reason, they will be required to sign their loved one out for a mandatory 2 week home stay and upon facility return the client will be required to go through a residential extensive screening process to include nursing assessment.
– All residential clients’ non-essential medical appointments will be rescheduled to after the 30-day period.
– We understand that connecting with family members is incredibly important, and there are a variety of other ways you might consider linking with them. These may include telephone, email, text, or through Skype or Facebook.
The safety of our Adult Day Program clients, residents, and staff are our top priority. Our staff has been diligently focused on ensuring all cleaning protocols are enhanced and documenting ongoing health and well-being of our clients. All of our client’s health will be monitored on a daily basis and we will continue to work closely with their parents/guardians and healthcare providers should health concerns emerge.
We ask for your patience and understanding in assisting us with complying with new non-visitation standards to reduce our Adult Day Program clients and residents, and the staff who support them, to potential exposure to COVID-19. We are receiving updates on a daily basis, which may impact our operations, and will share them with our clients, residents, families, staff, volunteers, and supporters as they are released to us.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call:
– Theresa Flick, Director of Program Operations 352.795.5541 ext.224
– Barbara Branch, Director of Day Services 352.795.5541 ext. 244
– Cole Kiser, Director of Residential Services 352.795.5541 ext. 227
I continue to be inspired by the professionalism and commitment of all of our staff, from our direct support professionals who provide compassionate care to those we serve to our management and leadership teams who are working diligently to implement emergency protocols to respond to this challenge. We ask for your continued prayers and support, and please know that the entire Key Training Center community is praying for all impacted by this crisis.