SEEKING PLACEMENT FOR YOUR LOVED ONE? WE HAVE OPENINGS!
We currently have openings in our community-based group homes and apartments for state-funded adults with developmental disabilities. We offer private and semi-private fully furnished clean rooms. Our semi-private rooms are furnished for 2 persons. All of our homes provide the following accommodations:
- Person-centered support planning to acquire each individual’s needs, goals and desires
- Nursing and Healthcare coordination
- Community involvement, access and experiences
- Family orientated environment
- Assistance provided for daily self-care and living skills
- Individual Choices and Rights
- Health and Safety
- Family and Friends
- Money Management
- Residential Habilitation
- Adaptive equipment and wheelchair accessibility
- Meal preparation and involvement
- Exercise and Social Recreational Activities
- Accessibility to Swimming Pool
- 24 hour security and staff availability
- Medication Monitoring and Management
- Competent and Well-Trained Staff
Once an individual is moved in to one of our homes/apartments we provide further services and opportunities based on each individual’s ability and desires:
- Community Employment
- On Campus Employment
- Day Programs
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Aqua Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Behavior Services
- GED and College Programs
- Supported Living
- Volunteering Opportunities
- Nursing Services
We take pride on all services we can offer and provide to all of our individuals. We adhere to our mission statement as we treat each of our friends with kindness, love dignity and respect. All of our homes are inspected annually by the health department and fire department. All of our homes are licensed and inspected monthly by the Agency for Persons with Disabilities and the Agency for Health Care Administration. We are currently opening new homes. If you are currently interested and are looking for placement for your loved one, please make an appointment and we will be happy to give you a tour of one of our residential family group homes or apartments. For more information, please call the director of housing and residential services at (352) 795-5541, Ext. 217.
Key Center Home #1
Key Center Home #2
Key Light Home #1
Key Light Home #2
Key Vista – Site A
Key Vista – Site B
Key Vista – Site C
Main Street House
Residential Visitation Policy
Visitors are welcome at all times with limited exceptions. The Key Training Center strives to protect the health and welfare of the residents and staff, and their families and friends while visiting. Additional precautions may be put in place if residents are at risk of being exposed to or transmitting a communicable disease (i.e., Covid -19, TB, Pneumonia, etc.)
- Visitation hours are encouraged to take place from 8 am to 8 pm.
- Visitors will sign a visitor log and sanitize hands.
- Visitors are encouraged to wear masks if visitations occur in common areas of the home, and social distancing cannot happen.
- Large groups or parties must maintain social distancing.
- CDC guidelines will be followed based on local community rates of
- Covid (or other diseases) outbreak in a home will warrant a pause of
visitation in home's common areas.
- Key Training Staff will clean and disinfect the areas visited between
- Visitors under the age of 18 will require the accompany of an adult.